- My job market paper, Private Equity from Public Markets: Leveraged Buyouts, the Cost of Debt, and Worker Earnings, explains how private equity LBOs of public firms impact the earnings of higher- versus lower-positioned workers. I argue that these effects vary significantly over time, based on the availability of cheap, low-restriction debt used to acquire companies through LBOs. I presented this paper at the 2021 American Sociological Association Annual Meeting and the 2021 Wharton People and Organizations Conference. Please email me for a copy if interested.
- Task Allocation and Earnings Mobility, with Nathan Wilmers and Letian Zhang.
- Imputing Occupation in the Census Longitudinal Employer-Household Dynamics Data, with James Fogel and Bernardo Modenesi.
- Quantification on a Global Scale: Advocacy, Collective Action, and the Authority of Numbers, with Benjamin Huybrechts, Teresa Nelson, Frederic Dufays, and Noreen O’Shea.
- Emerging from the Valley of Death: Ownership Form and the Realization of Science-to-Commerce Transfer.